Google Play Services component has a bug which breaks the barcode scanner feature in Pint Please for most Huawei Android phones. The bug also affects location features. The bug has been problematic because it has affected thousands of other apps too. Even the big ones like Uber etc.
So if you have Honor 7, Honor 8 or any other Huawei device here’s the fix:
1) Open “Settings” from your device.
2) Choose “Apps”
3) Choose “Google Play Services”.
4) Choose “Storage”.
5) Tap “Manage space” -button.
6) Tap “Clear all data” button.
6) Tap “OK”.
7) Open Pint Please and lauch the barcode scanner. This will download the barcode library to your device.
8) Exit the barcode scanner and wait about a minute so that the library is downloaded fully.
9) Open the barcode scanner again. It should work now.